N.Y. Times: Looks like Noem

Kristi Noem is the heavy favorite to win the South Dakota House seat on Nov. 2.

Says who? That well-known conservative media outlet known as The New York Times. According to the Times, Noem has a 70.7 percent chance of winning and Stephanie Herseth Sandlin has a 29.3 percent chance.

That is the “chance that each candidate will win based on 100,000 simulations with random variation in the local and national political environment,” according to the Times.

The Times, long a target of Republicans and conservatives, is forecasting a 50.9-47 percent win for Noem. That’s as of today. Those numbers are “based on polling, expert forecasts, fundraising, past election returns and other indicators.”

Want to read it and rejoice or look at it and curse at the data? Here’s a link: http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/forecasts/house/south-dakota/1

4 thoughts on “N.Y. Times: Looks like Noem

  1. This post confuses me. I don’t understand the ” well-known conservative media outlet” comment along with the “The Times, long a target of Republicans and conservatives” comment. Am I missing sarcasm do you mean by “Target” that you are implying that Republicans and conservatives point to the Times as a reliable source. “Target” implies to me that Republicans and conservates attack the Times.

  2. Renner:
    Sorry to be unclear.
    Yes, it was sarcasm. The New York Times is a favorite target of conservatives who believe it is biased. It is seen as the voice of the East Coast elite, even though South Dakotans like me, who are far from elite, enjoy it and benefit from its words and reportage.

  3. My comment is where will this put Kristi in two years? poised for the senate seat that I am sure Tim Johnson will not run again for given his health and age- so maybe we should be asking the question Kristi- “What is your agenda?”

  4. Kristi’s agenda is to promote Kristi. Didn’t finish college, tons of speeding tickets, failure to appear, not telling the truth about Stephanie and the NRA the list goes on. And more than likely SD will elect this air head.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>